Plug-in Manifold Systems
|In the food processing and packaging industry there is a need for air valve systems featuring hygienic design, the ability to withstand aggressive detergents and chemicals, and high protection class. A high degree of modularity and flexibility are further essential requirements for these applications. The Clean Line, CL03 pneumatic directional control valve, from AVENTICS meets all of these.|
The gaps between the valve protection covers allow easy cleaning and avoid dirt pockets. The materials, such as the polymer used for the sub-bases and covers, are carefully selected and tested for chemical resistance.
The CL03 is the only EHEDGE certified IP69K (high-pressure washdown) rated pneumatic valve available. In order to meet the IP69K rating, the valve has to withstand pressure of 1450 psi / 100 bar at a distance of 4-6 inches / 10-15 cm, with water (at a temperature of 80 degrees C) flowing at 14 to 16 inches / min. while the object is rotated between 0, 30, 60 and 90 degree angles.
The CL03 consists of either single standalone valves or individual sub-base manifolds. For the manifolds, because each sub-base has its own internal wiring, the system can be expanded up to 16 valves in single valve increments. Each valve can be individually supplied with two different pressures; therefore, one valve manifold system can handle up to 32 different pressures, enabling optimal pressure to be used for each actuator. The standard CL03 single standalone and manifold valves have flows up to 0.85 Cv, while the CL03-XL manifold valve provides flow of up to 1.1 Cv. Inline version, CL03-EV valves have flows up to 0.7 Cv.
The air valves are identical to those in the successful HF03 series. This means that all of the valve functions - 5/2, 5/3 and 2x3/2 - are available. The field bus system is also identical to the Bus Direct used in the HF03.
- Valve type: Packed spool with elastic sealing
- Flow: CL03: 0.75-0.85 Cv (750-850N l/m), CL03-XL: 1.1 Cv (1100N l/m), CL03-EV: 0/7 Cv (700N I/m)
- Valve body and sub base: Polyamide (P12)
- Seals: HNBR
- All screws and fittings (optional): Stainless Steel
- Mounting (in any orientation):
- Standalone: M5 mounting holes
- Manifold: M6 mounting holes (end plates and 4-ported sub-bases)
- Port Sizes:
- Standalone: Supply/Exhaust/Working ports- 5/16"(8mm) push-in fittings or ISO G1/8
- Manifold: Supply- 1/2”NPT or ISO G1/2; Exhaust- 3/8”NPT or ISO G3/8; Working ports (CL03)- 5/16"(8mm) or 3/8” push-in fittings, or ISO G1/4; Working ports (CL03-XL)- 10mm push-in fittings
- Manual Overrides: Locking or non-locking styles
- Electrical Voltage: 24 VDC ( -15% / + 20% )
- Power Consumption: 0.35 W
- Protection class: Exceeds NEMA 6P ( IP 69K ) with covers
- Indicator: LED per coil
- Standalone: 4-in, M12 plug, A-coded
- Manifold: 40-pin Multiple Plug or BUS communication
Need help selecting a valve?
Download Valve Features Chart to help with valve selection.